.gitignore is ignoring files in a directory
The one for the theme is working but the plugin one only includes the dir and ignores all the files.
- Update multiple installations of WordPress with Git
- Git, Beanstalk, WordPress Ultimate Deployment Approach
- WordPress development workflow with version controlling
- MySQL versioning control to complement GIT?
- Pulling from Git to WordPress and Desktop Server
- Can't seem to add git commit and push unless I'm in the folder directly above where the file is
# Ignore everything in the root except the "wp-content" directory. /* !.gitignore !wp-content/ !wp-config.php # Ignore everything in the "wp-content" directory, except the "plugins" # and "themes" directories. wp-content/* !wp-content/plugins/ !wp-content/themes/ # Ignore everything in the "plugins" directory, except the plugins you # specify (see the commented-out examples for hints on how to do this.) wp-content/plugins/* !wp-content/plugins/event-manager/ # Ignore everything in the "themes" directory, except the themes you # specify (see the commented-out example for a hint on how to do this.) wp-content/themes/* !wp-content/themes/StringsV2/
Any ideas where it is going wrong? Thanks
One Solution collect form web for “.gitignore is ignoring files in a directory”
Try the git check-ignore to find out how git is ignoring a file/folder for example:
$ git check-ignore -v sql
found from this article: Git is ignoring files that aren't in gitignore