GitHub client: Pull Request Button is missing
I use GitHub client for Bitbucket repository. All work & sync correctly, but Pull Request button not showing. In GitHub repo all works.
I found simular issue – Github for Mac: Pull Request Button is missing, but I use Bitbucket and can’t change repo marker from “other”.
- How to Clone a private repository of github organization in a Jenkins Job
- GitHub: Pull Requests: do I have to branch after a pull request?
- Why is the reference for a package to be installed from a pull request different for Yarn and original NPM client?
- How to remove commits from pull request
- How to view git pull requests in a local server, in command line?
- GitHub pull request showing commits that are already in target branch
2 Solutions collect form web for “GitHub client: Pull Request Button is missing”
Answer from official github support ( firstname.lastname@example.org ):
In order to create a pull request the repository must exist on
There is a button called ‘View Branch’ beside the update from master
If you click this, the ‘View from Master’ button should change
If you click this button you should see a list of
branches you can choose from to merge!
I have found a similar issue in below case.
- I was using GitHub Windows client
- I was using the repository which was associated with account X.
- X moved that repository to another account called Y.
Now onward, I was able to perform normal operation like creating new branch, push, sync etc button Pull Request button was not visible for those repository which has moved from account X to Y.
Solution:- It was happening because remote URL in my windows client was still pointing to old account repository, so I have changed that to new account repository and restarted the windows client and it started working.