Git svn rebase : checksum mismatch

I have a problem when I try to do a git svn rebase on my repository. It displays :

Checksum mismatch: code/app/meta_appli/app_info.py
expected: d9cefed5d1a630273aa3742f7f414c83
     got: 4eb5f3506698bdcb64347b5237ada19f

I searched a lot but haven’t found a way to solve this problem.

If anybody knows, please share your knowledge.
Thanks in advance.

  • Can I make Subversion + TortoiseSVN case-insensitive for Windows?
  • Is there a better way to recover git-svn branches?
  • git svn: password for svn is not stored
  • Versioning SQL Server?
  • Error on git svn fetch: svn-remote “svn” unknown
  • git-svn fails to dcommit, even after clean checkout
  • SvnClient.GetStatus(path, args, statuses) returning 0 for versioned file?
  • How do I remove an SVN tag completely that contains spaces?
  • 5 Solutions collect form web for “Git svn rebase : checksum mismatch”

    This solution was the only one that worked for me:

    See what was the revision number of the last change on the file:

    git svn log chrome/test/functional/search_engines.py

    Reset svn to be closest parent before that revision:

    git svn reset -r62248 -p

    Do a git svn fetch!

    Dance at your success.

    Just happened to me, I run out of space in the middle of a “git svn dcommit” and after that I was getting the same message, “Checksum mismatch”.

    I just edited .git/refs/remotes/git-svn and replaced the id of the problematic commit with the previous one. Next rebase fixes the problem.

    I encountered this error when I just specified branches but no trunk. When I specified one of the branches as trunk, there was no error any more when I retried. (The whole “trunk”, “branch”, “trunk” distinction is generally speaking a bit silly to enforce in git svn as they are just human conventions without any deeper technical meaning behind them in svn.)

    I just did a git gc and then git svn rebase worked again.

    In our practice the error “Checksum mismatch:” on .shtml files in git svn clone … command was caused by the setup of the front-end Apache server to interpret the.shtml files (from SVN) as Server-Side Includes (SSI) and thus produce live content instead of just providing the stored file content. Disabling SSI in Apache’s /etc/httpd.conf file for the period of migration by commenting out the

    AddType text/html .shtml
    AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
    

    directives solved the problem.
    Anyway, the migration of the repository could exclude some paths and files happens with:

    git svn clone <URL> --ignore-paths=<regex>
    

    clause. It makes sense to check the environment of the SVN server process if those files have special interpretation like SSI (and the .php and .py files) and disable it.

    Git Baby is a git and github fan, let's start git clone.