git move sub project to the root of the reposotory
I am using GIT repository to check-in my changes. in repository, I have a project and under that I am checking in everything. But while configuring ‘OpenShift’ in eclipse using jbosstools, it is saying
The project <projectname> is not at the root of your git repository and appears to be a sub-project. Please copy your project to it's own repository.
How can I move my project to root using eclipse? without using command prompt.
- How to set up a git development environment when you're testing remotely
- Prevent pushing into a wrong remote branch
- Create a new remote branch with EGit
- Git branching strategy for a newly lean team
- git push origin tries to push into remote main branch instead of creating a new one
- Find first branch on which a git commit was made
One Solution collect form web for “git move sub project to the root of the reposotory”
Though the question is quite old, would like to add the answer so that it helps someone.
I have faced similar issue, Resolved it by using following steps,
Click File -> New -> Other -> Git Repository.
Browse and select your project you want to deploy.
NOTE: do not select the folder above your project.
And you want to deploy project1, do not select Workspace, select prject1
Right click on project -> Team -> Add to index
Right click on project -> Team -> Commit
Now deploy the project on openshift
hope it helps.