git install on jenkins slaves
I have both Linux and Windows slaves. I would like to install Git automatically on a slave first time the master needs to run git on it. how do you tell Jenkins to install it properly on Win or Linux, if possible at all ?
- Trigger Jenkins job on GitHub PUSH to specific branch
- How to access parameters in a Parameterized Build?
- Jenkins: Transfer latest BitBucket commit over FTP
- Jenkins triggered code deploy is failing at ApplicationStop step even though same deployment group via code deploy directly is running successfully
- PHPUnit code coverage generation causing memory exhaustion
- Jenkins integration with Grunt
One Solution collect form web for “git install on jenkins slaves”
Basically, you need to check if which git returns something (which git.exe on Windows, provided you have installed GoW — Gnu on Windows — commands).
If which fails, then see “Set Up Your Git Environment“
sudo yum install git-core # RedHat sudo apt-get install git-core # Ubuntu
Download and untar the portable version of msysgit.
You can script it, using the curl command included in Gow, but for uncompressing a 7z archive, you might need Peazip installed (it also comes as a portable installation, a simple zip archive).