Git hotfix branch merge
What are the best practices of merging
hotfix branch into
Do I need to merge it into both branches
- Hotfix on GitLab
- Following git-flow how should you handle a hotfix of an earlier release?
- Merging Git Flow Feature Branch after Hotfixes?
- Create a bugfix release when master is several versions ahead
- Git-Flow undo a finished/merged hotfix branch
- Long term support using git-flow to merge a hotfix to develop branched off the support branch
hotfix → master hotfix → develop
or merge to
master and then to
hotfix → master → develop
One Solution collect form web for “Git hotfix branch merge”
You can merge your hotfix branch into both
develop (according the the popular successful git branching model)
git checkout master git merge --no-ff hotfix git checkout develop git merge --no-ff hotfix
You can then delete your hotfix branch safely.
git cherry-pick <hotfix-commit-hash> on both
Cherry-picking is the easiest way to bring a single/few commit(s) into branches.