Git clone for Windows working with Direct Access
I have a laptop that has Direct Access enabled . I am using Windows 7 . The version of git client is
D:\projects\directaccess>git –version git version 1.8.0.msysgit.0
- How to merge branches with different case on windows in GIT?
- Passworded ssh key suddenly does *not* require that I type the password
- Python - Unix commands not recognized in Jupyter
- directory created by GitBash doesn't appear in Windows explorer
- git for windows - does not load %USERPROFILE%\.gitconfig when launched “run as”
- How to run git checkout in ant?
The git server I am running is gitLab 7.0
When I am inside the corporate network everything works fine .
When I am outside the corporate network
- I am able to access the git repository using http interface .
- But the git clone command does not work . It says host cannot be resolved .
My understanding based on this excellent article ( http://directaccess.richardhicks.com/2014/01/13/troubleshooting-name-resolution-issues-on-directaccess-clients ) is that the git client is not using the NRPT ( Name Resolution Policy Table )
Some additional tips :
- ping works
- putty works
- nslookup DOES NOT work (unless i add a -server option pointing to the DNS64 address as mentioned in the article )
So question is :
- How to get git clone working ?
One Solution collect form web for “Git clone for Windows working with Direct Access”
The problem was the support for IPv6 in the version of Git client I was using . i upgraded my git client to
C:\Windows\system32>git –version git version 2.5.3.windows.1
and things worked smoothly