Git asks me for password Each and every time I want to commit and push my project
I am using Git in Visual Studio 2012 in Windows 8.
Each and every time I want to commit and push my project on bit bucket it asks me for password. How do I save it permanently?
- Solution won't allow debug/build/clean after merge visual studio 2012
- How do I git stash with Visual Studio Tools for Git v0.8.5.1
- Why can't I view the MyWork pane in TFS plugin for VisualStudio 2012 when using Microsoft Git Provider?
- Why is Auto Resolve conflicts on by default in Visual Studio 2012?
- Missing XML files in bin folder when publishing in Visual Studio
- Setting up a remote Git repository via UNC name rather then https in Visual Studio 2012
One Solution collect form web for “Git asks me for password Each and every time I want to commit and push my project”
As mentioned in the related questions from @Cupcake’s comment you could clone your repo using the SSH URL and use SSH keys for authentication. You can then cache the SSH key’s password with Pageant.
The other option is to use credential helpers as described in this answer.