Getting “ImportError: cannot import name check_output” (git aws.push on EB CLI)
I’ve installed and configurated AWS Elastic Beanstalk Command Line Tool on my Mac.
That’s what I have installed:
- Is it possible to have all “git diff” commands use the “Python diff”, in all git projects?
- execute git command in a remote machine using paramiko
- Execute Git Command with SSH agent using python pramiko
- Develop whole Zope&Plone app in git (decentralised and without ZMI)
- Checkout/List remote branches in git-python
- how to do a git diff of current commit with last commit using gitpython?
$ python --version Python 2.7 $ ruby --version ruby 2.0.0p195 (2013-05-14 revision 40734) [x86_64-darwin10.8.0] $ eb --version AWS Elastic Beanstalk Command Line Interface v2.6.3
I have EB properly configured in order to use git with AWS
When I try to push a commit to AWS I am getting this error:
$ git aws.push Traceback (most recent call last): File ".git/AWSDevTools/aws.elasticbeanstalk.push", line 21, in <module> from aws.dev_tools import * File "/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/innbativel/.git/AWSDevTools/aws/dev_tools.py", line 3, in <module> from subprocess import check_output ImportError: cannot import name check_output
Does anyone have an idea why and how to fix it?
One Solution collect form web for “Getting “ImportError: cannot import name check_output” (git aws.push on EB CLI)”
I found that my OSX comes with python 2.6 (which doesn’t have
check_output) and it was conflicting with python 2.7 that I’ve installed for EB CLI.
To solve this, I just made
.git/AWSDevTools/aws.elasticbeanstalk.push use python 2.7, in its first line: