fatal: packfile name 'server' does not end with '.pack'
I had a non-bare git repository. I wanted to create a bare repository in a server to which I have an SSH access and make it the origin of the older repository.
I first created a bare repository in a directory
X in an NFS partition by
git init --bare.
Then I signified in the original repository the origin as
git remote add origin myusername@myserver:X. (In fact, I tried with the wrong user name and tried to push it for a couple of times; I deleted the wrong specification by
git remote rm origin.)
- Cannot install git through homebrew on yosemite
- Why does Git store the file in the repository when I just add it to the staging area?
- creating a patch using gitonomy gitlib library
- Move all my commits from one repo to another
- Does git-fetch copy down the entire repository?
- How is git checkout implemented?
When I tried to push, I got an error:
fatal: packfile name 'myserver' does not end with '.pack'
Why am I failing in pushing? What is a possible workaround?
X is in full path.