Error when trying to use svn2git on Windows
I get the following error:
- Git-bash tab completion: “fatal: Not a git repository: '.git'” (Windows)
- git “fatal: .git/index: index file open failed: Permission denied”
- Git Bash for Windows showing/expecting file paths with forward-slashes, no drive colon
- Windows Pre-commit hook for comment length Subversion
- Git annex installation on Windows
- Running a remote PowerShell script with a Git command in it results in NativeCommandError
C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/svn2git-2.0.0/lib/svn2git/migration.rb:226:i n `popen': No such file or directory - git svn init --no-metadata --trunk=trunk --tags=tags --branches=branches http://svn.server/path (Errno::ENO ENT)
I don’t know what this error means. All files are in the correct place as far as I can tell, and copying the repository to my local system doesn’t work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
EDIT: My SVN repository has the default trunk/branch structure.
One Solution collect form web for “Error when trying to use svn2git on Windows”
Svn2Git documentation states that depends on git-core (msysgit in windows) and git-svn, since the error is related to the “git svn” command, i guess you’ll have to install it and make it available in your PATH.
Check this other StackOverflow question on how to install both git-core and git-svn.