Eclipse git and ssh-agent
I would like to make use of my ssh-agent so I can push from eclipse. Does anybody know how to set up egit to use ssh-agent?
- Start ssh-agent on login
- How to configure ssh agent service and keys for git deployments using non-root user?
- Using ssh-agent with jenkins while polling SCM
- ssh-agent doesn't work / save me from typing passphrase for git
- How to get ssh agent forwarding working with multiple accounts on a vm?
- GIT over SSH in Ansible hangs, eventhough ssh-agent forwarding is set up
background: I can’t upload my key to eclipse as my keys are on a cryptostick. My ssh-agent can loaded with the help of opensc.
3 Solutions collect form web for “Eclipse git and ssh-agent”
Update June 2016 (4 years later): Gunnar Wagenknecht now mentions in the comments:
It’s now possible in Eclipse Neon with project
eclipseguru/eclipse-jsch-agent-proxy, an Eclipse ssh-agent and Pageant support.
A workaround for older Eclipse versions is to use the native OS SSH client instead of the Eclipse built-in one by setting
GIT_SSH environment variable:
(See EGit SSH configuration and EGit FAQ, SSH Config)
In your eclipse startup script or
.profile (or wherever) add
export GIT_SSH=/usr/bin/ssh before starting eclipse. Then eclipse uses default ssh which uses ssh agent and you cann run pull and push commands within eclipse even if your key is on a smartcard.
Edit: GIT_SSH is interpreted by eclipse’s egit, but also by the stand-alone git. Setting it to
/usr/bin/ssh sets it to the default value for stand-alone git, so only egit will change it’s behavior.
No way! Sooo many years of eclipse out there and still no way to work with a
ssh-agent? Really disappointing come back to eclipse..