Eclipse forget my Git password and username everytime after I do a push
Eclipse Platform Version: 4.3.2.v20140221-1852 Build id: M20140221-1700
Eclipse Git Version: 184.108.40.206403251439
- Jenkins github plugin returns error 400 “Hook should contain event type”
- How to cache github repos so 2nd git clone will use the cache instead of github repo
- How do I host a Jekyll blog on a github subdirectory?
- Impossible to install atom-beautify on Windows 7 64bit machine with apm
- Possible pull request workflow to merge a branch into master
- Clean of local remote branches
Eclipse forgets my git username and password every time after I do a push. What is the problem?
I have tried the methods in How to make Egit remember password and username?:
1) Go to the Git Perspective -> Expand your Project -> Expand Remotes -> Expand the remote you want to save your password.
2) Right-click on the Fetch or Push -> Select Change Credentials…
3) Enter username and password -> Select Ok
But it did not work for me. My problem is that Eclipse can temporarily remember my username and password as shown in the following figure:
But after I do a push, Eclipse will forget all the Credentials (username and password):
Eclipse asks me for the username and password every time I do a push even if the first figure shows it has temporarily remembered my password.
Helps would be much appreciated.
One Solution collect form web for “Eclipse forget my Git password and username everytime after I do a push”
I got the problem myself. It should be a bug in the version of Eclipse Git I was using. When I updated to the latest Eclipse Git, the problem is solved!