Eclipse .classpath in SVN: JRE collision
I’m about to commit Eclipse
.project into SVN, following the good advice I got here on SO.
The problem is that some JRE definitions are unique to a developer’s machine, e.g.:
- Why do merge conflicts happen?
- Performance in Subversion vs. SourceSafe
- Is 'pull' a synonym for 'clone' in a Mercurial source-control repository?
- Projects within projects using Git
- How to reset a remote GIT repository to remove all commits?
- Elastic Beanstalk, Git and AWS Tools: How to clone repository to another workstation
<classpathentry kind="con" path="..JRE_CONTAINER/org..../Jeffs JRE"/>
If this line is committed, it fails on other machines that don’t have
Any idea for a workaround? Could the JRE definitions be shared as well?
2 Solutions collect form web for “Eclipse .classpath in SVN: JRE collision”
I never saw adding specific IDE configuration files as a good practice, but that’s a different issue.
If you want to follow that path, you should use the variables.
Java Build Path > Add variable
Then you need to make sure that every single developer has those variables defined, everyone with their own paths.
(or use Maven to avoid these problems)
In project properties > Java Build Path > Libraries > Double click on you JRE and then choose: Use Execution Environments instead of Alternate JRE or Workspace default JRE. You .classpath entry will be then something like this:
<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.6"/>