django installing dependencies from git
Is there any way to tell django to install some dependencies through external repositories? For example, I’d not like to keep twitter-bootstrap code downloaded into my repository, I’d like to define a github link and fetch it automatically through a shell command. Something silimiar to
collectstatic. I know I can write my own, but maybe there’s something built-in or already implemented?
- pip install a local git repository
- Which PIP Returns Global Instead of VirtualEnv
- Pushing local branch to remote branch - gitpython
- Is it possible to use pip to install a package from a private github repository?
- Testing numpy python libraries from multiple git development branches
- Any git hook to block merge conflict?
One Solution collect form web for “django installing dependencies from git”
Python modules you can install directly from git. For example:
pip install -e git+git://github.com/jschrewe/django-genericadmin.git
For frontend modules you can use tools like bower. For installing Twitter Bootstrap:
bower install bootstrap
Both tools has config files, which can be used to track dependencies.