Difference in GIT betw. branch, clone and snapshot
They all copy a set of files from one directory to another.
- “You don't have a SNAPSHOT project in the reactor projects list.” when using Jenkins Maven release plugin
- XCode 4 - Snapshot Error - .gitignore ignores .DS_Store
- How to create a git repository with its own history from snapshots?
- The concept of snapshot
- Trigger Snapshot Dependency to Build Specific Branch in TeamCity
- Git : How to get a snapshot of a git repository
One Solution collect form web for “Difference in GIT betw. branch, clone and snapshot”
“to clone” is done by
git cloneand copies over to your local storage the all history of a repository (with all its branches)
“to branch” is done by git branch (or
git checkout -b aNewBranch) in your local repo, and add a local branch (that you would need to push if you wish to publish it, or that you can keep local and merge into another branch later)
“to take a snapshot” is done by
git tagand add to a commit a tag (again a local operation: you can push a tag to an upstream repo or keep it in your local repo only)
See also “DVCS workflow”.