Code review of a branch in GitHub
I need to do a code review of a whole branch in GitHub. I went to the branches page and hit compare. There’s a tab there, files changed, that shows exactly what I need, the diff between the two branches, master and the selected one. The problem is that it doesn’t allow you to comment on code like a single diff does:
- Trigger Jenkins Job only when changes happen to a particular branch
- How to pull from one Github repository to multiple local repositories?
- Good way to develop Open Source without exposing credentials?
- How can I change the remote/target repository URL on Windows?
- How to create a new repository which is a clone of another repository?
- Protecting sensitive information in Git
The blue bubble just doesn’t appear on the branch diff page.
Does anybody know how to perform a code review of a whole branch in GitHub?
2 Solutions collect form web for “Code review of a branch in GitHub”
Apparently there’s no UI to write comments on a branch diff. My solution for now was asking the other programmer to do a pull request. It did work to do a pull request from one project to itself and in the pull request I can write comments.
I think you might have known already that
you could comment on each commit by clicking on the commit link. Not answering your question on the whole files compare as in pull request but I do hope this is useful for someone else.