clone specific commit bitbucket
I have an project in bitbucket and I want to clone specific commit from it
these are the commits, I want without the last two of them
butin SourceTree I can’t see the commits number
just the last number
I think because the last 3 pushed together, what I should do?
One Solution collect form web for “clone specific commit bitbucket”
yes I want the whole repository except the last 2 commits, I don’t need it, so how I can specific that cloning?
The normal way is to:
- clone everything
checkout a new branch (or reset the current branch) to
git checkout -b newBranch @~2
Other than that:
- shallow clone allows you to get the last n commits (which is not what you want)
- sparse checkout is about subfolders (not sub-commits)
- fetch single commit would not get all commits but some.
I have partners in project but we got bug in the last 2 commits
So, with SourceTree:
- clone the repo (normal clone)
- select the commit from which you want to work: double-click the commit to check it out, then click ‘Branch’.
Once you have created an new branch, work and add new commits, then push your bugfix branch.