Clone Magento project into a folder with a fresh Magento installation
I have a GitHub repo with my Magento stuff. But i am using .gitignore for the fresh installation files and the repo contains only my files.
On another computer I have a fresh install and now want to clone my custom files from the repo.
So, I tried:
- Which folders to commit when using Github with CMS systems
- Improving Git workflow and optimization for PHP
- GIT | What causes git error: 'fatal: Unable to create '/index.lock': Permission denied' error?
- How do I setup .git with bitbucket to automatically update live Magento site when pushes are made?
- PhpStorm - advanced settings for diff viewer
- Magento update database from dev to live
but I get a fatal error:
destination path '/opt/lampp/htdocs/Magento' already exists and is not an empty directory.
If I clone without the second parameter (folder path) then I can clone the repo without errors but then it’s in a new Magento duplicated folder Magento/Magento/app/… which is wrong.
OS: Ubuntu 12.04
IDE: NetBeans 7.2.1
One Solution collect form web for “Clone Magento project into a folder with a fresh Magento installation”
For those reasons I clone on a separate directory, and made a script to copy the static files (app, js, skin etc depends on what you want to change all) to the ‘live’ directory.