Changing url of Git submodule fails
I have one submodule inside a project which I would also like to push automatically to staging. Now I made apropriate changes to the hook and also changed the authentication method from password to certificate of the submodule.
Unfortunatelly git refuses to make the change of the authentication method, despite the already changed url of the origin:
- Can I use fetch recurseSubmodules on git clone set in .gitconfig
- Ignoring GIT Submodule Locally
- Tracking a child-repository in the parent, preserving pull-ability
- How to merge a git repository with submodules into another with subtree merge?
- Error after removing submodule: The following path is ignored by one of your .gitignore files:
- Sharing Models between two Rails Projects - using git submodules?
remote: /home/git/staging.git remote: Cloning into 'MEW'... remote: fatal: could not read Password for 'https://email@example.com': No such device or address remote: Clone of 'https://firstname.lastname@example.org/demo/demo-mew.git' into submodule path 'MEW' failed node1:/home/www/demo/MEW$ git remote -v origin email@example.com:demo/demo-mew.git (fetch) origin firstname.lastname@example.org:demo/demo-mew.gitdemo)
... [submodule "MEW"] url = email@example.com:demo/demo-mew.git ...
Is this a bug or do I need to change something else to make the change happen? Thank you in advance for any help.