Central and local git repository with WAMP on local network
In other words, each project under webroot should be git-managed at a central pc where other developers can access the same and commit to that local centeral repository instead of some online location ?
- Error 0 couldn't connect to host in wamp windows 7
- Using GIT and Bitbucket, should I push to Bitbucket from local dev or import and clone?
- PHPUnit, Zend Framework 2 Getting Started tutorial, WAMP and git
I don’t know much about network stuff or how other users will be able to access it.
This would create a nice work-flow for the developers ofcourse.
What I have done so far:
- Created a folder somewhere on my hard drive named repo
- Shared above folder with all permissions with everyone
- git initialized it or other projects inside it
- Added above folder to apache vhosts file with alias
- Now I can access above folder with
- Made apace listen to my network IP instead of
localhostfrom httpd.conf eg
But other users can’t access it when they go to
Does anyone know how to setup it so that other users can also access this from my pc and use git as well?
One Solution collect form web for “Central and local git repository with WAMP on local network”
You need a tool to manage hosted git. For example, in the past I used gitosis, but there is other alternatives like gitolite:
I think you can’t install gitosis on Windows, so you need a Linux machine (I have experience running gitosis with Ubuntu with no problems). If you google you can find several tutorials explaining how to run gitosis under Ubuntu, for example:
I remember it was very easy, but you need some Linux experience. Good luck!