Can I view Git commit history in Visual Studio 2013 for TFS Git VC before cloning?
I have a Git-based TFS Team Project. I have created additional Git repositories in this Team Project with names other than that of the Team Project. Prior to cloning the repo, I would like to view its full commit history in VS2013. I could not figure out how to do so without first cloning the entire repository. Is it possible?
- How do I replace a corrupt file using a git repository?
- How does Sync work when working with Git in Visual Studio 2013?
- How do I automerge non-conflicting conflicts
- Visual studio can't work with two origin urls
- Visual Studio 2013, New Project from local Git?
- Where is the TFS 2013-created Git repository located?
One Solution collect form web for “Can I view Git commit history in Visual Studio 2013 for TFS Git VC before cloning?”
It is not currently possible to view the history of a remote Git repository from within Visual Studio.
You will need to either:
- Clone the repository locally, then view the history in Visual Studio; or
- View the history inside the TFS Web Access interface.