Can GitHub automatically merge branches?
We want to automatically merge out from master to another long-lived branch whenever any changes are committed to master (at the moment, this is a manual process and people forget)
I appreciate that it may not always be possible, owing to merge conflicts, but if it is possible, we’d like it to happen automatically.
- how to compress all commit history into one commit?
- git delete remote branch not working: branch not found
- Issues while creating repository?
- How to push changes in bower dependencies?
- Git, How to make my develop mirror/clone my master branch?
- git cherry-pick without fetching remote branch
Is this possible?
One Solution collect form web for “Can GitHub automatically merge branches?”
As I understand your question, a very nice blog post dealing with this can be found at git-automatic-merges-with-server-side-hooks including scripts.