Add a local branch but need the origin is also set ( SmartGIT )
Hi i am a beginner for SmartGIT , I want to create a local branch and that same branch name should be in the origin list .
Ex : –
- VersionControlServer - Get latest version of file at a specific date/time
- What's the best way to clean up a Subversion repository?
- (Why) does git super-repository keep anything more than a pointer to submodules?
- Why do my files display incorrectly in git diff?
- How are DVCS used in large teams?
- Git: trouble with setting up daemon, trouble with git clone
Currently i have
Local Branches (2) develop = origin master = origin origin (2) develop master
I want to add a project “MyPro” to Local branches but i want this to be set in the origin also , first it will be taken from the origin -> develop .
So the final result would be like this
Local Branches (3) develop = origin master = origin MyPro = origin origin (3) develop master MyPro
So i can work in local
MyPro and commit to the remote
MyPro and later merge remote
MyPro in to the remote develop branch .
I have tried few things , one is
- write click Local branches . add a branch .
- Then set the remote tracked branch to origin develop .
But nothing creates me a
MyPro in origin ,
I also tried to go to origin and create a branch named
MyPro and checkout from origin -> develop . but that is also not possible .
I know this is very simple , but i am really unable to do this .
Please help , Thanks in advance .
One Solution collect form web for “Add a local branch but need the origin is also set ( SmartGIT )”
First, use Branch|Add Branch to create your local
MyProbranch (core Git will know it as
refs/heads/MyPro). Make sure you will confirm this dialog with Add Branch & Checkout, so SmartGit will put you into your new branch immediately.
Now have a couple of commits.
Finally, use Remote|Push to push your new branch to
origin and once asked by SmartGit, select to Configure tracking. This will create
origin/MyPro (core Git will know it as